Sunday, April 24, 2011

valedictory speech from /reif/ and me and my corsage and monoblock chair--All was in high praises for /reif/'s words

My Apparition of Success
A Salute of Tribute to My High School Life
by: Ralph Andy L. Ranario
Class Valedictorian-Special Science Curriculum
S.Y. 2010-2011
 
 My due respect to our Schools Division Superintendent Dr. Myrna S. Motoomull, honorable Brgy. Chairman Mrs. Jocelyn B. Rodriguez, Secondary School Principal II Mrs. Enriqueta C. Pabelic, Asst. to the Principal Mr. Ray O. Maghuyop, School Head III Mr. Marlon Francis C. SeriƱa, our guest speaker, teachers especially to the fourth year advisers and subject teachers, parents, visitors, my batchmates, ladies and gentlemen, a great morning!
Indeed we should be glad for this blessed day God has given us. Within this very moment, the four crucial but most unforgettable years of high school has already ended. With this, as what famous authors say, “Every good thing must come to an end, but these endings in return mark new beginnings towards an unseen path yet to be unfolded by the hands of time.” Thus, today marks another start for all us. Given the great honor and privilege to speak in front of you exaggerates the overflowing extravagance of gratitude that comes from the bottom of my heart. Foremost, the journey I have undertaken to be standing in front of you right now was never been easy. I remember those times when I used to play DOTA and Counter-Strike after classes and then slept the whole night without doing my assignments when I was still in elementary. But then everything was changed when during my elementary graduation I realized something and I told myself “I am not a loser, I know I can do what it takes to be on top someday.” Yes, I believed that when we aspire for something, we must work for it. As a matter of fact, in order to strive harder to reach my goal, I lived each day like as if there’s no tomorrow. Likewise, beneath the aisle of the path extending to the portals of success, as said, “no pain, no gain.” Like a stranger travelling an unfamiliar road, the journey towards succeeding is not about the people who were chosen, instead the race to success starts from the people who chose to travel the distance no matter how hard it is to comply with assignments, quizzes, projects, and oral recitations excellently. It is true; none of us can deny that our greatest enemy in this world is no other than ourselves. If we forget all our laziness, false beliefs and foolish acts, we would be able to shout out glory within reach. I aimed for what is best, focused on one goal, and aspired for what I think is victorious towards academic excellence. I found those sleepless nights worthy, and all those midnight candles exquisite for if not because of the sacrifices I have intended, and if not because of the hang-outs I have suspended, you would never hear me speaking in front of you with honor and pride. I’ve been defeated many times but I always find the courage to continue. I believed in myself more than I ever believed on anyone else. All my life I was never been hopeless for I keep on telling myself, “Ralph, you can do this. Ralph, you can do this!” I never knew the meaning of giving up and this strong self-esteem made me the person I am in the present. I have astounded the peak of my high school career, and now I shall get back the rewards of my hardships beyond the never-ending battle of winning, losing, and trying in my high school life. To all of us, we shall stood up and be proud of ourselves, because here we are now graduating. We shouldn’t cry, for this graduation does not mean goodbye. This is the primer of education’s plan and we shall keep our diplomas with honor and pride.
Education is the premium key towards a successful tomorrow. Let us realize that our world after graduation is already the real thing. We have to dream big and work harder in order to survive the standards of college life. For the graduates who were not chosen to be part of the ranking students, you must not be discouraged but instead you must be challenged to give more than what it takes to be wise. Perhaps education is not just about academic learning; it is also about building your own character underneath many hindrances. We must value education for it is our main weapon. Without it, we won’t survive the foregoing challenges this revolving world has to offer. Sir Thomas Alva Edison once quoted, “It’s making something out of nothing at all.” In education, we started from nothing, and through it we would be successful along the way. For everything we have done through our own efforts and those of our parents’ and teachers’ made sense. Just like this graduation ceremony this made sense. This great gift of education brought to us by our high school life really made sense even from the very start. Everything we have done is not by chance, not by destiny, nor by coincidence, but by our choices and most likely I believe as the will of God. Everything has a reason, everything changes, but still life goes on and on. We should not be afraid where this journey would lead us, but we must humble down and believe in ourselves that we could make it to the peak of our dreams. We shall lift up our family and our nation from poverty and be a catalyst towards a humane society and the preservation of Mother Earth. This is the challenge that I shall give to myself and to you my batchmates and visitors. Let not poverty hinder us from aiming higher in our journey towards the core of success, but let poverty be an inspiration for us to make a wise choice that perceives a goal, a goal that creates a dream, and a dream we live into reality.
To my parents and brothers, ma, pa, kuya, baby Adrian, I love you all, thank you! To our superintendent, principal and school heads, with gratitude I salute you for everything you have done for our batch and the rest of the students. To the Frolician Family, thank you so much. To the Jacks and Roses, we deserve to be here. To my dearest adviser and the rest of my teachers who supported me from Galileo, Mendel, Einstein, finally Newton, thank you so much! If not because you, I would not make it through this humble beginning. To all the Newtonians, my friends, and to everyone watching around, let us not stop seeking for success. Let us dedicate our lives and career to our family and most especially to God, our omnipresent creator and personal savior. Let the Lord carry us through our ventures in life and let him change us to the person he wanted us to be. For if not because of Him, we are nothing. With gratitude I say thank you to the people who helped us reach this point of time. To end up, we are the pride of our nation and the promise of the future we bring. We may lose a friend or a lover, we may miss each other all the way, but traces of high school will bring us together someday. With this, let us dream big and aim for the best! Like what our graduation song tells us, someday it’s gonna make sense!
 
To you my batchmates, my salute, my honor, my congratulations!
Thank you and once again, good morning!

No comments: