Wednesday, May 18, 2011

eldest to youngest

my duster-donned mom enters her room and i am on her soft bed, trying to regain my zest and form. My tutorial plus the travelling/commuting plus some Mc Donald's quick bite and traffic along JR Borja sucked up my verve and nerve!

anyhoo, my mom...she is old and by that, memory integrity is a daily painful manifestation. Forgotten kitchen mission. forgotten candles. forgotten plugged iron. forgotten milk...

to help her remember things, i often do this: ask the birth order of some siblings. "Kinsa and magulang (who is the eldest)...kinsa ang kamanghuran (who is the youngest)?" and I do this everytime as a supplementary: They are 5, all in all. (name), (name), (name)... and I also mention and include their respective profession and location (nurse, dentist, "tua sa Ireland" , call center agent, "tua sa Maldives" )...

a slipping memory of an aging mom is one of the most painful realities here on earth. if not, the most.

No comments: