Thursday, March 24, 2011

MEMBER DATA RECORD

Finally, I have my MDR or Member Data Record. I feel happy. This case is familiar if you are working, say, into teaching, engineering, some slaves under a boss, or self-employed.

I enter (Philhealth office along Yacapin/Corrales) then greet the Guard On Duty then ask the Deskman (my hunch is he is not a deskman per se but some manager doing the deskman task because the deskman is on leave or sick or somewhere buying some lunch dishes!) "Where can I inquire about MDR?" then HE gives me a slip and he pulls some paper from the Priority Number machine. My number is...I have forgotten...wait. Ahthere! 963. I feel in despair, like, I have to bear the 500's then 600's...but wait: I heard 943...944...I am thanking Our Lord for this!
I prepare my two ID's, my birth certificate, and get a pillow of candy (Max) and open it for instant relief from hunger.
Job means first salary, annoying uniforms, workloads and serpentine queue to Philhealth. I was lucky this morning: no long queue, no standing room only (SRO), no grumpy security guards, no sassy officers. Had it been what I had imagined? I'm gonna read a book about accused Japanese fisherman and hoping that I could read pages inside the building. But luck struck. Few people with massive supply of airconditioning! Wow!

No comments: